Tuesday, November 30, 2021

"Descendant's Path : Getting Better With Wolves"

"Descendant's Path : Getting Better With Wolves"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The time to upgrade my Werewolf Pack deck has come and gone and I am happy with the new Tribal support from both Innistrad: Midnight Hunt  and Crimson Vow. 

One of the things that I have seen affected greatly is Descendant's path. I initially put it in the deck to take advantage of high mana costing werewolves, so that I could at least cheat one for free even before I go to my main phase. However it proved too much of a dud as I would often get the lower end werewolves or mana dork werewolves.

With the Inclusion of Tovolar's Huntmaster , Hollowhenge Overlord or Huntmaster of the Fells. I am able to put down creatures that do not need to transform to provide an impact. That one play that I was able to top deck a Tovolar's Huntmaster basically getting me 3 creatures even before I reach the main phase. Sweet. And with Tovolar as commander you need all the wolves and werewolves on the battlefield. 

Descendant's path has just grown more valuable in my new pet deck. 




No comments:

Post a Comment