Tuesday, November 30, 2021

"Avalanche"


 "Avalanche"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


You know that scene in the movies where someone yells or a rock falls and the sound triggers a massive snow of ice to descend from the mountains , engulfing anything and anyone in it's path?

Well that is the feeling I get when I get home and the build up of stories in my daughter Aven gets too much that when she hears me parking the car and I get through the door she would burst out with stories. An initial burst of things about make up , things about her day , how she found this cool thing online. 

I say initial because she needs me to disinfect first and then as I comb my hair signaling the end of the disinfection process she asks me to join her in the loft , she hugs and kisses me and then the true Avalanche continues.

And it is at those times that I feel happy. I may not know about lip tints or how she suddenly loves frogs or how she turned from BTS Army to a full on DreamCatcher InSomnia but this is a part of her life and her day or her week and she wants me to be a part of it.

So I listen. Quip a couple of times and then she tires out or her mom asks me to go down so I can sleep. Sometimes the stories continue all through lunch if she is not busy doing her studies and for now I know that the force of the Avalanche has been dissipated. That it has flattened everything but the snow will keep on drifting. The stories will again build up inside my Aven and pretty sure it will be another Avalanche when I come home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment