Tuesday, November 30, 2021

"Toxrill , The Corrosive : Gaining New Friends in EDH. Not."


"Toxrill , The Corrosive : Gaining New Friends in EDH. Not."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

 Lately I have been talking about Toxrill a lot. Hey the possibilities of this Dimir color commander are exciting but mainly because I already have the cards to make a particularly nasty combo work with this guy.

So Toxrill puts a slime counter on each creature you do not control at the beginning of your end step. These creatures get a -1/-1 on them for each slime counter on them. If they are 1/1 creatures they die right away. If they are a bit bigger then we can just wait for a couple of turns for them to weaken and die. 

There is a an upside to this toxic effect , for each creature which died with the slime counter you can create a 1/1 Black Slug on your side of the battlefield. One sided effect I know but it gets even worse.

With a Tomb of  Yawgmoth in play you can turn all lands into Swamps. Add the Kormus Bell turning all Swamps into 1/1 creatures. Wait your your end step to have Toxrill spew some heavy duty killing slime. All of your opponents creature/Lands dies. So if each of your opponents have 7 lands each and there are 3 of them. You get a total of 21 1/1 Slugs. 



So you are crippling everyone on the board as well getting all those slugs to crawl their way in the next turns. How is that for gaining new friends in EDH right?

On a side note , One of the first packs I opened had a Toxrill in the Eternal Night version and as I was rummaging through my boxes for pieces for my Meren EDH deck , I found the Kormus Bells that I have not yet given a home. Toxrill EDH all coming together hahahhaa

No comments:

Post a Comment