Monday, October 18, 2021

"Let it light up"

"Let it light up"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD 

I

It's 2am and my phone is lighting up

Another one of your drunken calls

I hesitate picking because I know how it goes

You need me , you want me ,I'm a fool.


II

And so it vibrates on the nightstand

Reminding me of what I have been trying to forget

That the woman on the other end

Is something that has made me know so much regret


III

And so like yesterday and the day after that

I let it go to my voicemail where I can hear your sobs

I am not a heartless person and that you know

I am not a fool either and so I let it go on.


IV

Eventually you will tire out

And the calls will probably stop

Till then I will endure this

But in truth I might be enjoying it too much.


Optum. Quezon City. October 18 , 2021. 11:22pm

No comments:

Post a Comment