Sunday, October 31, 2021

"Improving the Wolf Pack EDH deck."


 

"Improving the Wolf Pack EDH deck."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


Yesterday I finally got the chance to update my Werewolf deck who in my opinion sorely needed the support that Innistrad: Midnight Hunt cards had to offer.

Right off the bat the Commander is a straight up better one from Ulrich of the Krallenhorde who is out for a bruising but leaves nothing much left aside from the fact that he is a legendary werewolf. Tovolar is by far the superior commander here. 

In one test play I was able to cast Tovolar alongside Garruk Relentless and I was just creating wolf tokens. And with more wolves joining I was able to keep drawing cards to fill my hand and cast more Werewolf and Wolves. Aggro Draw is the best. 

In another session I was able to utilize Descendant's Path. It used to be that I only got Mana Dork Wolves on my upkeep. For some reason there were other big wolves in my pack but that was all that I was able to get. This time around I was able to reveal a Tovolar's Huntmaster , a 6/6 Human who can flip to be a 7/7 with other benefits. Like dropping 2 2/2 Wolves like some sort of Titan which he is. 

One potential problem that I have been running into is that I have not been getting the right mix of lands right. There are test plays where hands are full of mountains where all I have is green spells. I might need to keep digging for Gruul lands now.

All in all I am satisfied with the improvement of the Wolf Pack EDH deck. I was also able to add the new Arlinn Kord which produces wolf tokens as well. I feel like I could push the deck further though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment