Friday, October 30, 2020

"3 things that make me procrastinate"

 "3 things that make me procrastinate"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


Funny thing is that when I was writing this...well I planned writing this at the beginning of October 2020 and it is now October 28 , 2020 so my procrastination techniques as a writer are actually effective. (Chef's kiss)


So as I writer I have writing goals for the day , the week , the month. I have a strict schedule to speak. A schedule that I do not adhere to at all. And as I sat there looking at the clock and at the time that it was time to go home or pack up my things I found that I have not written anything. So what do I do? How does time fly so fast?



1) Summoner's War.


Mobile games have been the bane of my writing and reading. There is always some goal to achieve there that just need a little extra time. Now that they added a new feature of continuous battles I can free my hands just a little bit to squeeze in some writing until I need to press the button to continue the battles.


2) Netflix


What is an hour and a half movie right? Or an anime episode that lasts 29 minutes at most? You can pause the movie at any time right? You can just stop at episode 3 of your series and pick off after writing right? Only it doesn't happen because there is always an interesting movie coming out or releasing on Netflix this month and the anime series? Every episode seems to be in a cliff hanger and you want to know more.


In the meantime your Writing Muse is giving you that disappointed look.


3) Youtube


So you go to youtube for A) Research on your Novel or short story or B) For tips on how to improve your writing. 12 hours later you have not started your research and have not gotten to that video where you get the tips to improve your writing. You have been able to watch a lot of comedy skits , kpop and cat videos though.


The frown on your Writing muse deepens.


Well it is October 28 , 2020. I have writter 8 articles for my blogpost. It seems like I am on track....until I procastinate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment