Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"My Story - My Mental Health"

 


"My Story - My Mental Health"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


"Ang hilig ni Kuya sa mga beach ano? Puro yun ang My Story niya eh." This was from my sister-in-law who noticed these kinds of things. And yes I love beaches. I also love Castles and Mountains and Torii's. And weird cloud formations from all over the world. I like a lot of things.

There is this page I follow that let's you glimpse all of these beautiful places in the Maldives , Bali or Hawaii. While I wish to go there one of these days the reason I post them is simple. I would rather picture those beautiful places than focus on the hellhole that we are all currently in.

I review protocols and guidelines and enforce them. I diagnose patients and review their cases. Deem them fit to work or be in quarantine for X more number of days. Some days are better than others. Some are not. Do I worry for my family? Yes. Do I worry that we might be ok after all this? Yes. There are many bad things to ponder on. Many things that may still go wrong.

Do I escape all of those things? Nope. I face them head on every single day. And do you know what helps me? Looking at far off places that are absolutely beautiful every time I feel that the things going on in my life is too much. I have a strong support system in My Wife , My Daughter Aven and My Mama Lita but often times I am alone and to cope I look at these places. Picture that I am there. Exploring a Castle high in the mountains , crossing a forgotten river or taking the steps into a Temple Shrine somewhere. For a moment I relax and gain a little strength.

Now I figured that if this helps me then this might help other people relax as well. There is too much anxiety and sadness in the world that I want to share these places. For people to see that there is beauty in the world outside of the 4 walls that we are currently trapped in either by Law or by Choice.

I have also not been writing for the last couple of months as much as I would have wanted to. And the reason I felt is that would it be worth it to continue to write? So I started being consistent in these little things. I post on my stories. I post mtg related jokes and stories on my Flight of Ideas blog page on FB. And after awhile it gave me the courage to write again. 

So yeah I do like the places that I post , I also like feeling how I feel when I look at them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment