Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"3 reasons why A Quiet place will never be good for me or my family"

 "3 reasons why A Quiet place will never be good for me or my family"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


We all know the ploy of a Quiet place by now. It involves a family trying to survive an earth where Aliens hunt by sound. 

While we were watching this I turned to my daughter Aven and said:

"Well we are pretty much Alien food anak."

We burst out laughing but deep inside there was a reason for that and here are 3 reasons for that.

1) Aven is noisy even when at rest.

She would make crow like sounds , hum to herself or tap on any surface when gets the chance. Not to mention that she really does love talking.


2) My wife and I throat clear like it is no one's business.

We both suffer from Gastro esophageal Reflux Disease and should we ate too little or too much we begin to cough from all the acid we produce. Aven actually recognizes me as I approach the door to my house via my distinctive cough. In fact I theorize that the all hearing aliens would get me as I walk home.


3) We all snore like crazy.

Even if we can voluntarily control all the sounds that we make while awake I am pretty sure that the aliens would track us down and munch on us as we sleep. From Aven's light snoring to my hardcore Jack Hammer/Teeth Gnashing snores there is no way that even the most deaf of these aliens would not be able to pick us out.


It is a good thing that this was just a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment