Friday, January 31, 2020

"I'm here"


"I'm here" 
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It had been a good couple of months and things have settled a bit but now that the holidays were upon them July wanted to make sure that V knew the things she did.

"You do know the kind of dances that we are going to do right?" 

"Yup." V didn't look up from his laptop which made July feel like he was not taking her seriously. So she decided to push a little further.

"It's the kind that is hot and sexy. The kind that makes people scream at us for more and then we give them more."

"Uh-huh."V kept on typing and with every key stroke July and her patience began to get even shorter.

"What is so important that you have to focus on that when I am telling you something important?"

V turned the laptop toward the girl who was turning red from anger. V thought it was adorable blending with her innocent face but he decided that he better show her rather than tell her what he was working on.

"My Ate emailed me all of your schedules this Holiday season. And if you only gave me a couple more seconds I would have told you that I would be in each one of them. Not in any capacity mind you. Just being there to be close to you. In case some of those yelling for more actually start doing something less than asking."

"You would do that for me? But don't you have work?"

"All my work is in here remember and I can always just plug somewhere and be near you. Of course if that is something you don't want I can make myself less...visible?"

"No. Gusto ko alam ko kung nasaan ka. Baka mamaya nagmimiss behave ka." V did a double take.

"I'm the guy who literally will be in all of your shows! Well not performing but will watch all of it and be nearby and parang pinagduduhan mo pa ako."

July look cornered. And when she is corned V did not remember that she actually bites back. "Pero bakit di ka nagseselos? Bakit di mo ako pinagbabawalan? Di ka ba nagagalit na super sexy yung dances?"

"Do you want me to stop you from doing the thing that you love the most? I never thought that you thought of me that way. I grew up in a house where every body danced , sexy or not. My Ate is part of the originals. And I have always looked up to her because she had class in dealing with people who did not understand what she was doing."

July tried to take V's arm. "I'm not done."

"When we first met I knew that you were auditioning. Did I stop you? I practically brought you to the Dance hall and even introduced you to your present managers. Did I know what they were going to ask you to do? If it was going to be an update from the originals then it is given that there will be a lot of sexy stuff built in because that is how things are done here. You do sexy stuff and tone it down after you have made an impression on the public. Sex sells and will always sell."

July tried to reach his arm again and this time he did not resist.

"So you understand what we do?"

"Out of all the people on this planet it should be me who understands. When you dance on stage that is for your fans. That is for their entertainment , their own consumption. If you do not capitalize on this name. Then someone else might. Or form something with a different name but with the things. You are making history here. You are the New Gen of the best selling female group in our country. Think Girls Generation levels. From Aparri to Jolo people would know you and your moves and sing your songs. There are only a few who can pull it off and in this generation you are the clear winner. At least in this department. I know you take it to heart. I know how hard you work. No one will willingly go through what you go through if not out of love."

July started sobbing.

"My job in all this is that you retain that smile. That when this is all done you come out with head held high because you were able to accomplish all you set to do. I don't say this enough to you because you are tired but know this. I am here."

"Magagalit si Ate. Pinapaiyak mo ako."

"Through broken bones and bruises. Through body aches and heartaches. I am here."

"Wala ka bang ibang gustong gawin? Wala kang dream?"

"You are my dream. I am living it."

"I really can't handle it kapag ganyan ka."

"Di naman ako nagpapahandle. Just let me help you." V handed her a soft tissue so that she doesn't damage her make up in the process. 

"Nakakainis ka. Wala naman ako balak umiyak ngayon."

"Siya siya, magparetouch ka na kay Lyka. Magagalit yun si Ate kapag nakitang ganyan ka."

"Pero dito ka lang ulit sa Cafe? Vlogging kasi kami ngayon sa Dance Hall."

"I know. Whole day na naman yun.Imagine all the things I could finish with the peace and quiet. Hahahahah"

"See you later?"

"I'm here."

No comments:

Post a Comment