Friday, January 31, 2020

"Nyxbloom Ancient: All the mana you need"


"Nyxbloom Ancient: All the mana you need"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Nyxbloom Ancient is another one of those mythics that I wish I had been able to pull. I mean just look at this thing. 7 mana for 5/5 and Trample to but I bet you this Elemental does not need to do a single thing but stay perfectly still and just allow you to produce 3 times the mana for the permanents that you have who could. And mainly those are lands , Artifacts and Creatures. All need to be tapped. All can produce triple the amount of mana.

I could just picture putting this in a Golgari deck. Reanimate it on turn one or two and then look at all the things I could do with it. Mainly if I had a Sol Ring I can now produce 6 mana. A Thran Dynamo now produces a whopping 9 mana! And imagine if you could assemble your Tron Lands or your Locuses! 

4 Locuses in play is 16 x 3 = 48 colorless mana!!!

The greatest thing is with the Basalt Monolith which could tap for 3 mana , producing 9 mana with the Nyxbloom Ancient , it can untap itself by paying 3 colorless mana and you can now produce unlimited Colorless mana which you can now use to power all your shenanigans. I mean with a Winter Orb and Sidisi Brood Tyrant you can now create unlimited Zombies....or at least until your library lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment