Monday, October 28, 2019

"The Lamentation of the Hoobae's"


"The Lamentation of the Hoobae's"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

YuuA's phone vibrated on the table as she was getting her face touched up for the next scene.It was a number that she knew well but did not want to show up any time soon. It was Eve. If she was calling it might be important enough but after her attempt with V she was tempted to just let it go to voice mail. For some reason she decided to pick up the call instead and on the other line was an already sobbing mess of a person. The concern rising in YuuA was still superseeded by her annoyance of Eve.

"I am shooting a CF at the moment.What do you want?" Eve had done this countless of times when she was undergoing multiple break ups through the years.

"Our Sunbae is dead."

If it was Yves calling then it could only be one person. It was Soolin.

"You have to be mistaken I just saw her on Instalive a couple of days ago.She was showing make up techniques she used when she was promoting!"

"I am sorry Unnie. Read the news online. They found her about an hour or so ago."

YuuA broke down. It can't really be happening.

"We were supposed to go out for dinner this Monday? She told me she had so many things say. She was excited because they were giving her a new drama."

"She wanted to see me as well. She wanted me at that dinner."

"Our Unnie wanted as at one table together didn't she?"

"She told me she was sad that we weren't talking anymore."

"She wasn't buying our excuses of busy schedules anymore?"

"She was smart YuuA and we both knew that. She always saw through us even when we first met her."

"And now she is gone."

The silence extended and YuuA broke it by asking,

"Where are you Eve?"

"I am still at practice but truth be told I just want hide under the rock and cry myself till I can't cry anymore."

"I would have V get you out of that practice"

"Thanks Unnie. Can we go see her together?"

"We can.See you in an hour."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


V had managed to get both girls out of their respective activities. It was no longer a shock when both CEO's gave the green light to have the 2 in a car outside of their buildings.

For this situation V had let Red do the driving for him. As he laid back and listened to the girls stories.

It was a bit colder and YuuA wore the pink oversized sweater he had brought her. Yves wore all black in a tight fitting overall. Both girls tied their hairs in a pony tail and at first glance made them look like sisters with their similarly pretty faces.

"Remember that dress I wore in Inkigayo? I had to refuse her countless times because I was embarrassed to take it from her. Though her stylist-nim said that it was ok. She had to go to the company , bring the dress herself and forced me to wear it."

"Yup. Sounds like the Soolin I know."

"When I was a rookie and I was compared to her all the time. I was thinking how hard it was to live up to her. If I made mistakes would she notice and be hard on me. She would she make fun of me on SMS but she would congratulate me every time even if I knew I messed up. She would show up in my events and hug me and praised me."

There were various articles about the three of these idols how Eve inherited Soolins looks and Singing , While YuuA was the Visual and Dancer who would carry on their cute tradition. They shared a special stage with her which even made the comparisons stronger and they have been going on dates with her  , even going overseas on occasion.

They checked up on her when there were issues disparaging her looks or when she would go out in a new drama.They knew that the official disbandment of her Girl group would affect her even if she has not been a part of the group for almost 3 years.

"How come we didn't see this? How did she not tell us she was feeling this way."

"She was telling us but we also became busy. Remember that live she did 2 weeks ago and there was a person who kept on interrupting her."

"I saw that. It was a bit creepy."

"Well , she told me about it.She had her manager file a report on the guy."

"Me too. She was telling me that there have been people following her around more nowadays even when she was not on set. or having an appearance."

"Does her family know?" 

"Her Manager-Nim told me that her older brother was already in the hospital and making arrangements."

"How can we have let her go like this Eve?"

"I don't think she would have wanted us to shoulder all her burdens for her."

"But we are carrying the burden of losing her now. Why can't we just have whisked her away to Boracay like you suggested the last time."

"YuuA unnie the only thing keeping me sane right now is picturing her in that red two piece you gave her and her running around in those white sands."

"Such a pretty picture. She would have been so pretty."

Both women started crying and V listened without saying a word.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment