Tuesday, October 1, 2019

"Left Over Snacks"

"Too Sweet" , They said.

"Left Over Snacks"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

October just started and here I am at the keyboards again. To carry on with the 3 days writing streak that I had accrued I will now be writing about Left Over Snacks.

Yes. Left Over snacks is a thing for our family of 3 who have what is commonly known as "Takaw Mata". If a thing looks good or assumed to taste good that goes into the shopping cart. A lot of those have been falling in lately and I don't know why , everyone is supposed to be on a diet in the house. Hmmmm

So having a daughter and wife who then proceeds to taste the said snack and then find that it was not as yummy as they pictured it to be. Guess who now has the task of finishing these things because he doesn't want it to go all to waste? Why the guy with the sexiest body in the house. Hint. I am the only guy in the house.So technically I am the sexiest male body in the house.

So what do these snacks look like? Some of them are half eaten things , some are just a few bites away from being finished and others are just things that you bite on and realize that you don't want to finish the rest of it at all. I end up with a car full of these things. 

Do I stop my family from putting weird things that they want to try? Not really. I feel like we grow with each new thing that we try and there is this satisfaction that I feel when they ask me , "Daddy can we try this?" Even if I know that that weird new thing might end up with me eating it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment