Monday, September 30, 2019

"Me and My White hairs."


"Me and My White hairs."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I have never bothered to notice such things until they started appearing on me. It was white hairs. As a 42 year old I still should not have anything to worry about. It is all part of aging and yet here I am writing about because I am bothered.

The other week I saw a 2 inch strand of white hair sticking out from the side of my head and I was trying to get it out in front of the bathroom mirror. A guard became curious with what I was doing because I simply could not pluck it and I was annoyed that it was sticking out that way. After 10 minutes or so of being in front of that bathroom mirror I got it out. Only to notice that both sides of my hair had other white hairs. I went out and tried not to look at mirrors for awhile.

It was until my wife noticed the stubble of hair on my chin and remarked." Mahal pati mga buhok mo sa chin may puti na din." Much to my dismay I looked in front of my daughters dresser and noticed that tiny one that was white. I sighed. I noticed  that even one of my nose hairs was white.

I told my wife that my head might be full of the darn things 3 years from now. She tried to assure me that it was ok by saying: Ok lang yan. "Si James Deakin nga daming white hairs."

It made me more distressed. "Di ako si James Deakin and there are other more attractive things to look at that man other than his Tito White hairs. Me on the other hand , I would simply look like me , but with whiter hair which is not really an improvement. My wife laughed. I stayed silent.




No comments:

Post a Comment