Friday, October 4, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week - Luck Struck"


"3 things I have seen this week - Luck Struck"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

When it rains , it pours. It is horrible with badluck. It is great with goodluck and I am so glad that this week I have been experiencing more of the latter and none of the former.

1) Hwahee
I have been playing Summoners War for more than 4 years now and I have been opening countless Legendary and Mystical scrolls but have not had the pleasure of getting this lady. 

I have been complaining as much to Jeff who was Duty Nurse who also plays the game with me. 

And so it was to my delight that I was silently opening a lone mystical scroll and it burst into lightning to then solidify in the Fire Sky Dancer who will later be awakened to be Hwahee!

2) The Skechers Slippers

I have been wearing the same slippers for awhile now and I have been enjoying it for it's comfortable fit. So when I went to the store to get more of the same and even to some high end stores it was much to my dismay that I was not able to find the same one or even an upgrade to it. I did not want to settle for anything less and so I decided to hold off.

Last Monday my wife and I were in SM Valenzuela to pay off some bills when we passed by a sporting goods store there and just decided to take a chance if I could find a slipper there for me.

And initially I was offered much of the same kinds of slippers from the other stores until my wife found the Skechers rack and showed me a pure black one that fit my foot to a tee! I had to walk around in it and it had the same feel as my old slipper. I knew this one the one. I am glad I did not settle.

3) A new opportunity.

The HR from my current Industrial work PM'ed me for an online consult. After giving her the best advised I could she mentioned , "Oh by the way Doc. Our Subcontractors are looking for their own Doctor. I gave them your name.Their coordinator will be calling for you."

And I had to look at the screen for a couple of minutes totally caught unaware of the offer. I wanted more and I got more. I just cannot believe it. All I could be is thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment