Friday, October 4, 2019

"The Mythic Streak : Someone Familiar"

"The Mythic Streak : Someone Familiar"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I initially sought out an Eldraine PR kit at NG last Wednesday in hopes that I have at least 6 boosters to have bigger chance that my Mythic streak continues. Unfortunately I would have to wait for Friday to be able to buy those as well. Oh well.

And so I turned to the packs that were available. I looked at the Iconic Masters box that was almost full but then the New Ate in NG mentioned that somoene opened a pack yesterday and got a Blue card that was worth around 3k. So I am guessing that was the Mythic Mana Drain who in TCG player.com is priced at a whopping 84 bucks!

Should I get a pack from this box knowing that my chances of getting a pack with a mythic is now slightly lower? I looked at what else could be of some value to me in the Iconic masters Mythic set. I saw Consecrated Sphinx and the Phyrexian Praetors , these guys were always great. So I decided that if my streak ends I would have at least tried. So I bought one pack(Reserving mostly for Throne of Eldraine next week).

There was a pack on the right that faced downwards. I might have gotten that one and made a story of that pack that was different but instead with my gut telling me(and I have a big gut) I should just pick from that pile instead. So I did. Paid and left.

While waiting for my order in Tokyo , Tokyo I opened my pack. I almost blurred through the commons and uncommons and slowly lifted the last uncommon to see what I was getting? Would it be the end of the streak? Would this be it? And it showed a 5/4 body.A 5/4 could only mean one thing. It was not one of the dragons , it was one of the Praetors!


It was Jin-Gitaxias. A Mythic! From a lone pack of Iconic Masters! Woooh. The streak continues on it's 6th week. Next week. Will I be able to get a Mythic from Throne of Eldraine to continue on to a 7th week? We will have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment