Friday, August 30, 2019

"The Inkigayo Sandwich"


"The Inkigayo Sandwich"
by:
The Vole

One of the things that is often asked in interviews with former Idols(since they are no longer active they can reveal a couple of things about their dating lives) is if they had either given or received an Inkigayo sandwich.

As it turns out idols who give these sandwiches also hand out their phone numbers secretly so that they can communicate secretly. Hence dating scandals can be said to stem from these innocent sandwich exchanges.

I would never get to experience giving or receiving one of these in my lifetime. I am not an idol nor do I personally any Idol. I am curious as to what these actually taste though.

And it so happened that there is a stand in the middle of the basement , right next to La Lola in SM North , The Block that makes these sandwiches. They come in 2 flavors , Strawberry and Cheese. The Former being the original flavor made me decided to buy it and see how it actually tastes.

So it is a sandwich best eaten right away while it is still cool. It has the aforementioned strawberry sauce , Chicken , Corn and mayonnaise. So it had all those different textures and tastes. 

I could only describe my first bite as tasting a very sweet Macaroni salad in a sandwich. It was very tasty and different. I liked the cold and the crunchiness of the corn and the chewiness of the soft chicken. The Mayo and Strawberry mixing together was quite a treat. Never eaten anything like it before. 

I would go back for the Cheese next time around.Let us see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment