Friday, August 30, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #22 - The night of the Eldrazi Ooze"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #22 - The night of the Eldrazi Ooze"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Jethro proclaimed in our chat group. "Nakapull off si Doc ng Meld with the Eldrazi Ooze."

And I was so damn proud of it. I was not the first one to pull it off. It was another person in our playgroup , Janry who did so. It was so hard to deal with a 7/4 who dropped 2 3/2 attacking Ooze with it that I conceded.

When I was making my Aurelia Boros Deck I had thought of where to put my Hanweir Militia and Battlements. It seemed that it needed another color as it would be a bit hard to pull off in a mono red deck(at least that is how I viewed it) and since I was trying to cram in as many good cards in my Boros deck I did add these two cards.

I could fetch for the land with my Weather Wayfarer and if the deal for The Imperial Recruiter I had went through I would have gotten to fetch the Hanweir Militia as well.

In this game I was able to cast the 2/3 Militia early at turn 3. On my 5th turn I was able to draw the Land! And much to my pleasure I had the mana to pay for it. And as I joined these two cards to bring about such an abomination my heart was filled with joy. Yes abominations bring me joy. My Phyrexian self is surfacing again.

So what is worse with a 7/4 Trampling Haste Eldrazi Ooze who drops 2 3/2 Ooze creatures that are attacking? Well it is absolutely worse when it attacks with Aurelia , The War leader. Because after the first wave of attack it can create another pair of 3/2 monsters. 

First wave damage was 16. The second wave was 22 points of damage. Doing the math my opponents didn't take much time to decide to scoop and move on to our next game.

I did not where else to put these cards but tonight I was happy that I have put them here. It was truly the night of the Eldrazi Ooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment