Friday, August 30, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week - Odd balls"


"3 things I have seen this week - Odd balls"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Usually I have duties where nothing out of the ordinary happens. Patients coming in for advise or consultation. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Sometimes along with the rain comes the weirdness. And I have really odd patients coming in. Here are 3.

1) Walang kinalaman

Patient came in with a stuffy nose and coughing profusely. Turns out that she had been given antitussive  drugs( cough suppressants) and advised that she had a viral infection that will likely pass. 

Of course when she came in to work she told me that her colds had nothing to do with her cough. And so I had to remind her of that little tube at the back of her nose that leads to her throat causing it to be irritated. There is your relation Maam. you are welcome.

2) 2 Hours rest.

Someone came in to the clinic requesting if they can rest for 2 hours. I asked them why they were asking the clinic that because upon assessment they were physically normal.

The person said that he was a working student who was working on his thesis and was sent to the clinic to request for the rest.

I calmly told this person that I could not grant it. I still advised that he could ask for an early lunch so that he can rest but the clinic could not grant his request. He is not the only working student who is working on this thesis. It would be quite unfair to the others.

Thank you he said sarcastically.

I am not here to make you happy I replied. This is the clinic not a hotel. 

3) Wet na wet.

An agent came in , barefoot and wet into the clinic. He was sent by his TL to ask what the clinic can do for him?

I advised him to borrow warm clothes from his team mates. He promptly answered with "wala yung mga yun." And I said natanong mo na ba?

So I still gave him advise. "Borrow dry clothes or ask your TL if you can go home and change clothes. Otherwise there is nothing the clinic can do for you. We don't have scrub suits or gowns for you here."

The guy walked out. I still don't understand why they are sending these concerns to us? The clinic cant control the weather , your level of wetness or comfort in wet clothes. Only you can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment