Friday, August 30, 2019

"The girl in the bleachers"


"The girl in the bleachers"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
You sat there , eyes closed
Swaying your head to the music
Letting the waves through you
In this delicious convergence

II
To the beat of the drum
and the slide of the bass 
I know that you feel it through you
the powerful , electricity of this place

III
And you mouth the words
of the songs that I love to sing
and in an instant your voice is the one I hear

IV
Time and space no longer exist
Except for you  , pretty girl in the bleachers
Singing your heart out
and not minding if the world could see.

V
I remember you as you sat there
Singing as Our song plays on rewind
And so I know that it still does 
On and on with you in my mind

Completed: August 31 , 2019

"A poem about a girl in Urbandubs 10th year anniversary concert"

No comments:

Post a Comment