Tuesday, July 30, 2019

"The Doll Queen."


"The Doll Queen."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was one of those small cafes in Gangnam that were trendy but where you did not suspect any celebrities to actually hang out in. Today the cafe was graced by 2 Main Dancers from 2 different groups. The more senior was the YuuA fro Oh My Doll who was here to deliver her message and younger Eve who had no idea of what was to transpire. 

The sun was bright as YuuA entered and asked V to be in a discrete distance so they could talk. The Dragon shrugged his shoulders and waved a waiter to order a drink. 

"It seems that you have caught his eye." YuuA told Eve as she sat down. The two of them would have been mistaken for sisters ,both were brunettes with hair that grew toward their slim waists. Fans of both groups would agree that the seniors lips were more attractive but truth be told they had the same lips.

"Never did one to mince words huh Unnie?" Yves waived at the waiter and proceeded to order when he came near. "Are you still on a diet unnie?"

"It seems that I can eat anything I want now and not get fat. I will have a salad though." 

"I will have the same." The younger looking girl waived at V who was standing by the door and smiled so widely that it seemed cringey to anyone who noticed. V waved back. YuuA glared at him.V didn't seem to notice.

"You must be wondering why I wanted to meet you?" YuuA interjected himself between the 2 waving people.

"Aside from the fact that you want to murder me because I slept with him? Yeah I am bit curious."

"Please Eve. If I wanted you dead I wouldn't have bothered with the meeting.Now are you willing to listen?"

Eve sipped on the water that was given to her earlier. "I am all ears" she said.

"Good. Our companies are merging and I wanted you to be the first to know. We will be promoting against each other and together."

"How does that work exactly?"

"It means that our companies will be owned by Mr. Kim secretly but as far as the public is concerned we still exist separately."

"And?" 

"And it means that Oh my Doll will be receiving the better songs and choreography next come back. You would be making a comeback as well but only to draw the attention away from the groups with a scandal."

"A scandal?" Eve almost blew the water she was drinking.

"Yes. The fact that you are pregnant with his child." YuuA pointed to V who seemed to be unaware of what was happening. 

"I am?" Eve touched her belly and use a little of her power to confirm the life that was there. "We only..."

"Like I told you , you have caught his eye. And well his cells seem to be a bit erratic nowadays. He has had many children in the past and his talons have all taken care of them."

"You mean they have been killed?"

YuuA laughed. "Killed? We are talking about V here. The Dragon who swore that no one will ever die for his sake again?"

"So what do you mean exactly?"

"What I mean is that his children are well taken cared of. Some of them know him and some of them are oblivious that they interact with their own father on a daily basis."

"Do you have a child with him?"

"Over many lifetimes and realities."

"You sure sound like him when you say that."

"You know why he will always choose me right?"

"No. I don't see why he will choose you over me."

"Because I am YuuA. And you are a simple passing thought to him. Someone he will get tired of in a week or so. So please don't get it into your head that whatever this thing is will last."

"And what if I prove you wrong?"

"You are always welcome to try."

"Well I guess this meeting is done. The Company lawyers will drop by soon to finalize contracts. I am sure you'd be happy with the salaries and perks.Even if it does not include unlimited access to him."

"And why not?"

"Oh dear. No on has unlimited access to him." YuuA picked her bag from the table and was about to go when turned one last time to Eve. "Except for me.He always comes back."

"Maybe he won't this time." Eve retorted but knew that the uncertainty in her voice came out clearer than her own conviction.

"At least I know you understand." And with that YuuA left with V leaving Eve with 2 salads that she no longer had any appetite to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment