Monday, July 29, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #16 - Tito Jarad and the 2 Jhoiras."


"Midweek Magic 2019 #16 - Tito Jarad and the 2 Jhoiras."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It has been awhile since I played one of my main Golgari decks helmed by Jarad Golgari Lich Lord. And this night was the night that I would be up against two decks that had Jhoira of the Ghitu in them. And I was going to be up to my neck in beat down after Yo who was on my right had suspended 2 Eldrazi Monsters , An Ulamog's Crusher and a Bala Ged something. And Adrian on my left who also suspended 2 Big dragons. I could assume that they could take each other out but if history serves me right I have always been the one taken out early. I don't even know why. My decks are so weak.

So I was between a rock and a hard place or to put it in more appealing terms I was between 2 Jhoiras( Do you like twins?) who were threatening to smash me. They were one suspend counter each from doing so and if I passed my turn I would be dead from Annihilate from Yo's beaters.

I had to find a way out. And as I looked into my graveyard I saw my Increasing Ambition which had an 8 mana cost that would allow me to  fetch two cards from my library and I knew just the pair. It was Mike and Trike. 

I discarded these 2 cards to my Putrid Imp which was already in play and I cast Victimize getting the infamous pinger combo in play. Adrian was tapped out and Yo had no response. Jarad staved off from being smashed. Not bad from a rusty old guy. Hahahahahah 

No comments:

Post a Comment