Monday, July 29, 2019

"Chulane , Teller of Tales: The things I want to do."


"Chulane , Teller of Tales: The things I want to do."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I remember the first time I cast an Explosive Vegetation on turn 2. I remember feeling giddy that I would have 7 mana available(including my impending land drop) in the upcoming turn. It was an effect that my brother Aj fondly calls as "Nagtatae ng mana". Mana Diarrhea or Ramp. I loved the feeling of having such an overflowing amount of mana to cast big creatures.

Then in the early days of EDH when I was making my Momir Vig deck I used Explore in every green deck I had. Coiling Oracle also did the trick for me. And when Return to Return to Ravnica came around I found myself liking Growth spiral as well. I loved drawing cards and playing extra lands but I can only do so in a limited basis.

Then came Chulane , Teller of Tales. And all I can say is that it is time to ride the Chu Chu Chu Chulane Train. 

Chulane , Teller of Tales costs 2 colorless and Bant colors to cast. And he has the ability that states that when you cast a creature spell , draw a card , then you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield. 

So when you cast a creature you have no choice but to draw a card and then check if you have a land in your hand(hopefully the one you draw if you don't have one currently handy) and put that land into play ignoring the current number of lands that you could play in a turn.

The Simic had always had this advantage over the other combinations.Now you have a commander that can allow you to do it as well. I imagine that this goes well with a zero to cast artifact creature card like Ornithopter or Memnite which you could bounce to your hand with Chulane , Teller of Tales ability and then recast for nothing. 

I imagine that drawing and ramping will give you enough advantage to win the game. It might not outright hand it to you but you know that with this much advantage it can only be a matter of time before you get your combo pieces and win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment