Friday, March 29, 2019

"Everglow - Bon Bon Chocolat MV reaction:Something old and borrowed yet totally new"


"Everglow - Bon Bon Chocolat MV reaction:Something old and borrowed yet totally new"
by:
The Vole

Everglow has been catching my interest since they came out with several dance videos before their debut. Source Music has done a good job of promoting the rookie girl group ,some of which took part in Produce 48. 

Everglow and Bon Bon Chocolat is an addictive mix. It is true that Kpop is always a blend of potent music and Stone Music has done a great job in creating this catchy song. All at once you can hear familiar RnB , Trapbeats and EDM. While my daughter has been kidding that it has the same timing sa Black Pinks Ddu Ddu Ddu I can hear a little bit of Izone as well and there is that bridge part at the end where the girls sample a little bit Arianna Grandes sync vocalization in Thank you next. That part layered with the beat drop going all to the end is one of the best parts of this song.

I guess I am too old and there are several moves in this the choreo that remind me of other groups like LoonA and Itzy. That Crown move for example and even some elements of Oh My girls dances incorporated here. I am not saying that this is plagiarism in fact one of the things that I like about this song is that I can predict it and it follows the things that I expect it to (Or at least in this genre of music).

Everglow is talented. Their Visuals , Song and Dance should be able to get them the attention that they need. They actually have another addictive dance track called Moon that is both pleasing to the ears as well. It  also helps that they have a Chair choreo in it that is Reminiscent of Oh My Girls Real World dance. Only I think this one is more daring and refined.

I will be watching for Everglow and I hope that Source Music will continue to promote them properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment