Monday, November 26, 2018

"The passing of shades"


"The passing of shades"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
We passed each other the day
and you didn't see me but I saw you
And I thought you looked happy
that I did not say another word

II
I saw you the other day 
with your hair in that braid
the one I was so annoyed with 
but you looked pretty in it.

III
I said to myself if he can smile like that
so why can't I?
And probably because I carry things still
here in this hollowed chest of mine.

IV
I wondered why you were sad
when you had everything you asked
Space and Time and Distance
All I can give , All that you asked

V
It occurred to me that maybe I asked too much
that maybe there was a mistake
but that smile on your face
Made me choke on that very word.

VI
I guess if I was not able to make you happy
and giving you what you wanted made you sad
Then maybe it was not place for me to be mad
So I said nothing. Not another word.

Shaw Centrum 500 , Mandaluyong City. November 2 2018. 10:41pm

No comments:

Post a Comment