Monday, November 26, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #46: Always Something Gruul"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #46: Always Something Gruul"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I often am not surprised by a Infect since I was one of the people who promoted and played with the mechanic to no end. Of course it does not mean that my creative play group mates are not able to surprise me with Infect wins. As is often the case in EDH games I am the first to be taken out with the oppurtunity presents itself.

We had just welcomed Jethro back into the fold after almost 2 months or so of no Magic and he had to start off with a new Gruul deck headed by Mina and Denn Wildborn. Basically since it also had Azusa and Oracle of Muldaya the plan was to play as many lands as possible.


I have joked that it might be a Rude Awakening Deck with all the lands but I was in for another Infect Surprise. I should have guessed that Jethro would go for that win since he already had an Inkmoth Nexus already in play. So when I had no flyers in play he animated the Inkmoth and pumped it with the Blood Rush Mechanice from a Rubblehulk! And since he already had 10 lands in play. It was 11 Infect damage.

Bula.Always something Gruul with you Jethro. Always something Gruul.   

No comments:

Post a Comment