Friday, September 28, 2018

"Thousand Year Storm : Storm of Death Sequence."


"Thousand Year Storm : Storm of Death Sequence."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The moment I saw this Nicol Bolas seemed to whisper something in my ear and I wondered if I had the right spells to pull off a death sequence and as it turns out if I put this in an existing Grixis EDH deck of mine I could probably pull off a Storm of Death sequence.

The whole point is to already have the Thousand-Year Storm out some time in the midgame. This 6 mana enchantment gives any Instant or Sorcery spell you cast to have Storm. You copy the spell for each instant or sorcery that you have already cast this turn.

My plan revolves around Fraying Omnipotence and then I was forced to do some math(ugh). Since each players life will be halved and assuming that they start with 40 then it would go something like this.

40 to 20 to 10 to 5 to 3 to 2 to 1.

You need 6 other spells before you cast Fraying Omnipotence to reduce everyones life to zero. To negate having to cast anything for mana you also need to have an Omniscience in play. Maybe sneak in a Shock or Gut shot in here to finish off opponents.

Or You could actually go ahead and just draw a bunch of cards with blue spells like Opt or Ponder and even fill up your hand with tutor spells like Diabolic tutor(budget lang) and just mill an opponent with a Brain Freeze and maybe Twin Cast or Reverberate it so no one is actually left out.

Whatever evil plan you might be hatching you can't go wrong with this Izzet colored enchantment.

No comments:

Post a Comment