Friday, September 28, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #37: Overkill Angel"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #37: Overkill Angel"
by:
Virgilio F.De leon Jr.MD

There are certain things that you expect from the EDH decks I make. One is that I love making a million tokens. And in my latest project I took to liking making a million Thopter tokens. So of course when you see Sai , Master Thopterist you expect to die via a million thopters striking you right?

Well certain situations does force you to be creative. In this case I was being met with fewer Elementals but way bigger and could easily kill my creatures. I was facing down Omnath and Paolo Carandang , my friend was having a great time just making the tokens and trying to kill me with it. So I had to make drastic measures.

If my Thopters would not be able to do the trick I had to think of something else. I had to survive first though. Pao had already taken care of Janry who was other opponent that night via a masssive attack. And so sacrificing 3 artifacts to Kuldotha Forgemaster I was able to put a Darksteel Forge unto the battlefield and I was able to cast my Platinum Angel.

Pao attacked me and reduced my life to zero! My life was actually 32 and he attacked for 35! I was alive thanks to the Angel and on the next turn I got a Lightning Greaves so not only is my Angel Indestructible , it can no longer be the target of my opponents spells. 

I was attacking for 4 just points of damage but Pao realized that since he would not be able to take care of this lone creature it was better to scoop and shuffle for the next game.

It was great to win with the Platinum Angel. It has been awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment