Friday, September 7, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018# 34 - Sai , Gangnam Thopter Style"





"Midweek Magic 2018# 34 - Sai , Gangnam Thopter Style"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


There are many things that make me like artifacts but one of things that make me like them the most is that they are easy to cast and most of the time even easier to abuse.

Sai . Master Thopterist was spoiled in M19 to have a standard brawl deck combo. While I have the necessary pieces for that I wanted to showcase Sai as a full fledged EDH deck mostly because no one in my playgroups have made a deck surrounding him , that and I might have already filtered all the artifacts that I have when I improved and built 2 Daretti decks. It was time for me to go mono blue and boy did I have a lot of blue pieces that were mostly left alone.

It was time to showcase my Mirrodin side. The one that loves metal and not just my infectious side.

In a recent game I was able to enchant a Seat of the Synod with Mechanized production and the result was that I had 5 copies out of the required 8 so that I could win before my opponents were able to deal with the enchanted land. The difficulty was partly to Padeem giving my artifacts hexproof. I was two turns away from a Mechanized Production win but hey maybe next time right?

I was able to win this exciting game though as Pao and his Prossh deck were eliminated and it was up to the Artificers to duke it out till the end. It was Yo and Sydri , Sai and Me.

In the end I had the saga Antiquities War reaching it's last verse making all of my artifacts into 5/5 creatures and then being given +1/+1 counters each by my Steel Overseer.The now rampaging 6/6 creatures reduced Yo's life to 1 but I still had to finish him this turn since he most likely would have something to sweep all of my creatures. 

I had 6 mana open and I had not fully understood the interactions of my deck and I was discovering them one by one and loving them. I cast Fabricate and figured out that what to use to deal that last point of damage. It was a Walking Ballista which I cast for 2 mana and it having 1 counter that I promptly removed to end Yo!

It was an amazing game especially since we had to survive a well time Vandalblast from Cheskas now very abusive Nekusar deck. 

I am looking forward to discovering all of the interaction in my Sai  , Master Thopterist deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment