Friday, September 7, 2018

"I will be."


"I will be."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
I am tired of being sorry
for things that I should not be.
I thought about your judgements
but guess what? I am free.

II
I don't give a damn about what you think
and I can't wait for you to grow up.
You can't go wallowing like a child
In the times that you need to man up.

III
I will not be sorry
for the things that I needed to do.
Times were impossible and destiny ,
well she wasn't calling you.

IV
So I took all the hits
lost sleep , lost money , lost time
You said I had a choice
but that was never ever mine.

V
And I am still here
Unbowed by that idiotic gaze
Angry , Doubt and Fear
That was never ever my place.

VI
So I will not be tired
and I will be who I have always been.
The Champion chosen
long before you were even here.

Notre Dame , Malate Manila, 09/07/18 2:37pm

No comments:

Post a Comment