Friday, September 7, 2018

"3 things I have seen this week:The 3 Team Virulence deck deaths"


"3 things I have seen this week:The 3 Team Virulence deck deaths"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was one of those things that I knew would happen eventually but I never thought that it would happen so soon. It was a mini Team Virulence reunion where most of my old team mates would pay me a visit in Eton Centris and we would play several rounds of multiplayer EDH in Starbucks.

Though Mau left quite early we were able to witness his Black/Red Goblins tear a new one in Nolan's rear with a little assist from Mark. After that we had 4 rounds of EDH no holds barred matches and here are the end results.



1) Infecting the Infector

With Mark Abude playing his Jodah(Sta. Maria) deck he was able to cast Blightsteel Colossus with for a mere 5 mana and waited for us to respond. I had several blockers but I was not sure if I can respond. Nolan took that option away by activating his Nev's disc.

"Gagahasain na tayo nung Blightsteel!" I said.

And well we both died to the inky robot.

"Happy na ako na-infect ko si Doc." Mark would later say. 

2) Jhoira returns!

My fault in this is that I lost count and with Jhoira suspending things left and right that was surely very important. And if Nolan already had suspended a handful of things and the mana producers he has can squeeze out 10 mana I should have assumed what was coming.

An Obliterate that you cannot counter. Leaving us to wait for our inevitable deaths as things like Artisan of Kozilek and Pathrazer of Ulamog wanted to give Hi-fives to us and annihilate whatever it is that have left on the battlefield.

Damn. Even without most of its colored lands Jhoira still tough.



3) 1 million for you and another million for you.

What is better than 1 million thopter tokens? Well 2 million thopter tokens of course. I was finally able to use my Sai , Master Thopterist after opening him in a random pack. And with Traxos and a retraction helix I was able to bounce and re-play an Ornithopter again and again with Sai in play. There was a tense moment hence none of my creatures had haste and there was still a turn for Mark and Nolan to react to the 2 million tokens I have created. Mark searched came up with nothing. Nolan did the same and came up empty as well. And so 2 million tokens flew to their sides of the battlefield and killed them.
Sweet!

I am looking forward to more of these moments with my Team Virulence members. Maybe next time there will be more. I would not mind seeing everyone again. Time is surely short and there are more EDH games to be played.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment