Friday, July 20, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #28: Dealing with my Hellion"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #28: Dealing with my Hellion"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The thing I like about Sealed events is that you get to see some really funny interactions between cards.

One of them happened when I was facing off Yo Castillo , a sneaky player who preferred combats tricks over brute force. Since I was playing a Grixis deck and I opened an Inferno Hellion I was able to cast this 4 mana costing beater who at 7/3 can actually end games. The sad thing is that if it attacks or blocks then it goes back into your library. You shuffled it in there!

So in this particular play on Game 2 , I played the Hellion as a blocker and passed the turn to Yo.

Yo then excitedly cast an Act of treason to get my Inferno Hellion and smack me in the face with it and to rub salt into that particular injury the Hellion got shuffled into my library leaving me with no creature on the battlefield.

I would eventually win the round in Game 3 but that loss was especially memorable as we were laughing at the predicament I found myself in.

No comments:

Post a Comment