Thursday, July 26, 2018

"Liliana's Contract: A Demonic Victory"


"Liliana's Contract: A Demonic Victory"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

4 is the magic number when it comes to this mono black enchantment. It costs 4 mana when it enters the battlefield you draw 4 cards and lose 4 life. There is one more thing that it does. It sets up a condition that when you satisfy will win you the game.

At the beginning of your upkeep if you control 4 demons with different names then you have won the game. 

Now that is a lot of Fours and I considered this a challenge that I already accepted. I have been planning for so long to make a Vess Legacy EDH deck for some time and maybe when I get a copy of this card I can finally do it.(As of this writing the Core 19 boxes and Bundles are delayed thanks to the 4 Storms that have come and gone to our country. There is that number again!)

Of course this Lili Vess themed EDH deck will consist of cards from her storied past. Most notably her 4 former Demon masters who now dwell where ever it is that past demon masters dwell after they die.


I thought that this might be a cool flavorful win condition to have all of her former masters landing on the battlefield all at the same time and winning at the beginning of the next upkeep. I actually have an existing Shirei , Shinzo's Caretaker EDH deck that had a whole lot of Shadowborne Apostles who could die and summon a demon on the end of an opponents turn.It would take a while to get every Demonlord from my library but then again if it is an EDH game who is in a hurry right?

The second thought I had was to abuse Arcane Adaptation(which you could transmute with Drift of Phantasms by the way) and just have creatures be demons. It might be fun to add to a Blue Black Zombie deck that already has Liliana already in it.All those cheap costing zombies becoming Demons and you win by not attacking too. Hahahahha

Oh well. I just have to wait and see if I get one in my Core19 Bundle and we will take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment