Friday, June 29, 2018

"SunCleanser:The Card Phyrexians Hate"


"SunCleanser:The Card Phyrexians Hate"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

After being poisoned for the Nth time most of my opponents would ask me , "Is there a way to prevent the counters or remove them?"

As a Phyrexian I would smile my sweetest menacing smile and say, "None.Absolutely None."

Until now.

This card literally wiped the smile of my face and threatens to stop my Infecting ways cold in it's track. You see Suncleanser(which sounds a lot like a Laundry detergent) washes you free off the Phyrexian Oil that is slowly killing you. How annoying.

FOR A MEASLEY 2 FREAKING MANA!....Ehem...Let me compose myself a bit. Seriously 2 Mana 2 hose down one of the most powerful mechanics in all of magic. Why the hate?  All I actually is that All Will Be One through the oil. And now someone from Ixalan seems to know how to freaking cure it.

It works on players and creatures alike! Both have their counters removed.Of course I am only thinking of the implications of this card as a Phyrexian. No more Infecting once this comes into play. It is a good thing that this does not have Flash or Hexproof. And while the 1/4 body seems daunting to kill ,this is nothing a well-timed Dismember could not take care off.

So aside from Poison Counters what does else does this card do? Well it kind of hoses down other counter related shenanigans. Vorel hates the card. Skull Briar does as well. A creature can no longer have counters of any kind so Vorel can't double them and Skullbriar who does not lose counters regardless of one zone he is will lose those counters. Simic and Golgari creatures won't be affected as well. No more counters from Scavenge or Grafting with a creature targeted by Suncleanser. Damn. Those are my colors as well. Wow. I really hate this card.

Players who gain experience counters will lose them.Meren and Ezuri gives this a thumbs down. Oh and look those are Golgari and Simic commanders! Energy counters as well. So there are some benefits to it since it shuts down a creature who is energy dependent for its activated abilities. 

Overall there might be some benefits to this card but since most of my decks are affected I can't exactly say that I will be thrilled when it hits the battlefield. So much for spreading the Phyrexian Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment