Friday, June 29, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #21: Tetsuko and the Infectious."


"Midweek Magic 2018 #21: Tetsuko and the Infectious."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

One of the things I considered while making my Tetsuko Umezawa , Fugitive deck was the kind of creatures that would give me the most bang for my buck. Well Tetsuko makes sure that creatures with 1 power or toughness gets through and the first creatures I thought of were the artifact Infect creatures from Mirrodin. 

It was great to finally get back to my Infecting ways as the elder Phyrexian of my playgroup. Of course Tetsuko had other aspects in the deck that might let it survive in a multiplayer environment. 

My early games didn't win with Tetsuko at all as I had Thassa help me with those creatures that had more than 1 power and toughness. My first actual win in a multiplayer setting came on the back of a Corpse Curr equipped with a Sword of Vengeance made unblockable by Thassa's ability. It took exactly 4 turns to finish off my friends Cheska and Yo as they ran out of gas and could no longer draw into a card that can deal with a 5/3 Unblockable Infect creature.

I must acknowledge though that in this game the biggest threat was the Muldrotha deck that Janry brought to the table and it was with great effort that we had taken cared of him. Otherwise it was almost a lock as he would simply kill anything on the battlefield. He had a boompile that had a 50/50 chance of destroying all of our non-land permanents. And so when I proliferated him to his last poison counter he did so. I was only left with Thassa on my side of the battlefield.

The result was that I was able to cast the Corpse Curr and Sword in the succeeding turns to secure the win.The Tetsuko deck stills needs a lot of work. I am glad to work on it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment