Friday, May 25, 2018

"The Long Ride"


"The Long Ride"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

YuuA knew that the ride was going to be a long one to the college. It has been years since she has been back on the campus that once accepted her. She was not really sure of her status as she just up and left when she debuted as an idol without any further notice. She was hoping that she could continue her education now that she had more time on her hands. 

She made sure that the mask on her face was secure and the hood that concealed most of her head was on a bit tight. She once thought that no one would recognize her and that her fellow country men could actually forget someone who was last seen in music shows 3 years ago.Only people still recognized her and she was uncomfortable after everything that has happened but as her father told her after the event she needed to move on and make her own life apart from being an idol and so she decided that she would go back to school.

The bus was almost full when he got on. YuuA knew who he was despite the long hair and the shaved beard. He looked for an empty seat and YuuA realized that he was walking toward where she was. The last empty seat was right next to her.

He looked into her eyes and asked if he could sit beside her. She merely nodded. She knew that despite everything that happened he knew that he would know her voice. V had a memory that remembered the smallest of details when he wanted to and when it came to her or at least the last that she remembered it he could remember everything despite all the hurt that she let him go through.

He looked healthy , happy even as he flipped out a phone and it had the cover of someone she knew. It was the idol Kayz and what looked like 2 adorable children. A boy and a girl. So he did end up with the Smiling One after all.A family. YuuA thought that it could have been her in that cover photo if she only...

V sniffed the air. "Ah that scent. A hint of cinnamon and bananas.Loco Coco shampoo. Just like someone I used to know."

YuuA's heart pound under the thick jacket that she wore. Could he know that it was her underneath all of this?

"That person also liked going out in a face mask with Shark teeth , and a black Hood jacket that she would use to cover her head. Like the one you are wearing now miss."

YuuA tried to speak.

"Of course , you and that person might not be one and the same. I loved that person. Maybe more than I have any right to. And she tore my heart and ripped it to shreds in front of me."

YuuA looked at V.

"Sorry to bother you miss. I was reciting a line. I'm on my way to an audition.I am extremely nervous. My wife told me that I should give acting a try even if I had no formal training in it. She told me I was good and I am a fool for believing it but here I am trying anyway."

YuuA remembered that when they first met she asked V if he was an actor , she thought he was , he certainly looked the part but V only said that in all of his lives he was never one. Maybe in this lifetime he was going to be one.

"Goodluck." YuuA said.

"Thanks. I think I need it."V said as he tied his hair back. "You think they would go for a guy with a pony tail?"

YuuA said nothing but her eye smile was unmistakable. V could audition bald and they would still accept him. 

"You really do look like that person."

"I might be that person  , YuuA suddenly said."

"If you are that person then you know that you should not be around me."

"But who said that I am?"

"Your eyes."

YuuA looked away.

"It was nice hearing your voice again. Despite everything that has happened. I just want to tell you that I hold no bitterness against you."

A tear slid down YuuA's cheek without her noticing.

"Things happen.I just hope that you are also in a better place. This is my stop. I wish you well." V stood up to go and YuuA grabbed the sleeve of his jacket.

V looked at her hand. 

"If you need me. You know how to reach me." V said and he gently nudged free from her hold.

YuuA knew the ride would be long to the College. She didn't know that it would be this long.


No comments:

Post a Comment