Friday, May 25, 2018

"Midweek Magic #13:Golgari Shenanigans with Jarad!"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #13:Golgari Shenanigans with Jarad!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It has been a dream of mine to one day finish all the golgari decks that I have been holding back on for months on end. It seems that with all that has been happening to me I have not been able to go through the pieces that I have meticulously separated months ago.

This week was different and after the success that I felt with my Azami deck it was time to go back to my golgari roots. Back all the way to Jarad , Golgari Lich lord.

Now I don't know if I have managed to mature as a player or if my mind is more focused but I did find myself enjoying playing with Jarad this time around even if I felt like I was facing more formidable opponents.

Maybe it was the sense that I had a more complete deck due to the fact that I have been slowly accumulating things. In one of my first wins this week using a Whip of Erebos I was able to reanimate a Nighthowler that became an 18/18 , got to attack with it alongside a 15/15 Jarad and then was able to sacrifice it for the win. It took a long time to actually get the card but I felt that with the correct dredge cards like Golgari Grave troll and Stinkweed Imp I was slowly but surely filling up my graveyard with the things I needed.

It felt good even if I was a bit rusty in this regard. I was warming up to more Golgari shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment