Friday, May 25, 2018

"Stairs:Giving You Perspective."


"Stairs:Giving You Perspective."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The view from where I was standing was beautiful and dare I say worth the 9 hours or so drive from Manila to Ilocos. Only I realized something when it was time to eat and the buffet restaurant where we were supposed to go was located. It was located above us which can mean only one thing. Stairs.



And lots of it , stairs that were cut into the stone face of the cliff where Vitalis sat  , stairs that were steep and daunting and made your calf muscles burn with the effort when you climbed them. The kids were running up as I trudged myself up like an old man. I was just not into all that climbing and there were lots of that if you wanted to get around the resort and enjoy the views and different pools.


After awhile though I feel like I have gotten used to it. My heart didn't feel like it was going to pound right out of my chest. I did realize though that I was still out of shape and that I needed to do something about it.

The summer is half way over but it might present a good bonding moment with my Aven if we exercise a bit. I might need to look into that as I want to have more wonderful vacations with my family in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment