Tuesday, May 1, 2018

"Letting Braids Conjurer Adept Go."


"Letting Braids Conjurer Adept Go."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

When it comes to Magic cards I am what people would call a Dragon. I hoard all the cards I can and in the future I try and use them on a deck.

When my friend Cheska posted online that she had so much trouble figuring out a deck that was made for her by another friend I got the idea of helping her create something that would be easy for her to pilot while still in the theme that she wanted.

She loved Big Fishies.Leviathans and Krakens and Such. She enjoyed the Modern Mono Blue Quest for Ula's Temple deck that had her casting all of these big nasty things for free. She wanted to translate to an EDH deck and I was afraid that I had the right commander for it. The question was would I be willing to let her go for my friend?

After Braids , Conjurer Adept had fallen to the wayside of my priorities I was revisiting her and the cool things that she could do. Basically each player could put down a land , creature or artifact each upkeep. This was exactly what Cheska wanted.Now the point of the deck is that would put something down on the battlefield that would negate the advantage of the other creatures your opponents are putting down on their turns.

So you either get that creature , copy it or bounce it back to its owners hand or on top of their library. The last one was more painful since it buries another card that could help that player. Cheska liked the plan.

Of course since it was mono blue there were counters and draw spells in their as well. I was hesitant to hand over this deck that I have made but I made a promise and so I gave Braids , Conjurer Adept to a new master. 

And she did not disappoint. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment