Friday, March 23, 2018

"Whispers in the darkness"


"Whispers in the darkness"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
I whisper in this darkness
Your name that I cannot remember
waking up to this
and your image still lingers

II
An after thought that never goes
stuck in this place once more
When letting go is in between
of accepting what is the truth

III
So you reach back and touch my face
and I hope that you are real
and I hope that this is all the I would feel
all I could feel

IV
Yet there is nothing
that replaces the pain of a thousand deaths
A thousand that is one
and One that is yours.

V
I whisper your name in the darkness
and I hoped that you would whisper back.
Hoping that for tonight I would hear those words.
Yet there darkness is all that there is.

UHG QC , March 3 2018 , 4:54am

No comments:

Post a Comment