Friday, March 23, 2018

"The Light Dragon in the basement"



"The Light Dragon in the basement"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

V paced in the underground parking lot. It was waiting and a lot of waiting. The life of dating an idol when you are not allowed in a close practice session. He has to converse with the other staff and pretend that he was there to do something else while he waited. And with MW and the cheapskate Mr. Kim there was tons to do all around. Today he was cleaning the vans.It was then that he heard the small chuckle behind him.

"What seems to be so funny Jinsoul?"

"You." The blond wide eyed girl stepped out of the shadows and came closer where V was spraying water over the black vehicle."The most powerful being in the world handling a hose and cleaning things for mortals."

"It's not really that bad.I take it you haven't done this before?" V said while spraying water on the blond girl on purpose. "Light dragons usually don't allow their royalty to do menial work right?"

Jinsoul was as lithe as a feather as she skipped away from the water. "Unlike the Blackflame house that makes its royals work along side their servants in the field."

"You don't know how much that benefits our house."

"More like the other houses laugh at you for the effort." Jinsoul said smugly.

"Oh you mean the other houses that are so afraid of us that they send lower royalties to talk to us in fear that we might eat them?" The girls demeanor changed at the counter insult.

"V , why must you be so mean to me after everything that we have been through."

"Because you are mean by pointing out that I should not do things that I determined that I should be doing right now."
V turned his back , a firmer sign of disrespect for a dragon ascendant as those who turn their backs on you do not even consider you as a warrior worthy of respect.


Jinsoul sighed at that. It was no point arguing as V has been known to argue with the magistrates for days on end which often ends with the elders bowing to whatever it was that he requested.

"Why is it that you are compelled to stay here among the humans? surely the harvesting could have been done a long time ago?" Jinsoul asked V who just continued what he was doing.

"And what of the harvest? Only I can determine that."

"Determine what V?" It was YuuA's sweet voice who entered the conversation. "And while you are at it introduce me to your pretty friend." 

"Determine what I want to do with the rest of my life." V said without missing a beat. " And this is Jinsoul. I am not really sure if she is auditioning for MW or here to spy on us."

"I'm not here for either of those. I am here for V."

"For V?" YuuA said with her interest being piqued again."Is this another marriage that V did not honor? How many brides have you left wanting V?"

It was already a running joke between YuuA and V about the amount of women who have come and gone in his life. Kayz was the most consistent among them who insisted that the BlackFlame house and their house would be perfect. YuuA felt threatened when they were still at their earlier phases since Kayz was another dragon and was naturally kind when she was not about to kill you. 

"It is not another unhonored marriage or a broken one. None was offered and none can be made." V said while not even looking at both of the girls.

Jinsoul bowed to YuuA. "Pardon my rudeness  , YuuA sunbaenim , I am Jinsoul of the group Lunar."

"Lunar? The group that debuts a single member each month? You are what member now?" YuuA said while she moved closer to V who was not minding the conversation at all.

"I am the 9th , sunbaenim , 3 more and we will debut formally as a group."

"3 months then. Your company sure is taking it's time. Why have you come to see V?"

Jinsoul was unsure of what to say next. So V answered for her. 
"Minhee wants to summon me to make sure that I am not going on a rampage on the human world." YuuA looked amused.

"Should she be worried about your rampages? You can't even seem to rampage your way through of a bag of grapes."

"Those bags were tough." V retorted.

"Sure."

Jinsoul looked at the exchanges between the two and was dumbfounded how YuuA could talk to V in such a manner.

"Not to be disrespectful YuuA sunbaenim but do you know whom you are talking to?"

"You mean the last Creation Dragon called V? The War Criminal that has had all of the houses aiming for his head? Yeah I do know him and also happens to be my boyfriend so I can talk to him in a seductive voice or a taunting voice or a stern voice as I chose and he will like it."

V turned sideways and smiled. "No argument from me."

"So it seems your business here is concluded. He is not going back to see Minhee. We have promotions tomorrow. And as for his rampaging. He is with me. I do not allow rampagings during promotions. You can say that to Minhee at least."

The blond Jinsoul was not sure of what to say , she knew that Minhee will be mad but this one human was also able to control V without resorting to violence. She had to respect that.

"Very well , YuuA sunbaenim." Jinsoul began to glow and in a blinding flash was gone.

"You think she will come back?"YuuA asked.

"I don't think so. She seemed to respect you a lot."

"Good , because now that I am nervous I want to eat dinner early."

"Where?"

"To that mushroom place we always like."

"Ok.Since Mr. Kim hasn't paid me yet it will be your treat! bwahahaha."

"You own that place."

"Well. Ok. My treat but just this once."

YuuA smirked but knew when V was joking. She could already smell the roasting mushrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment