Friday, March 23, 2018

"She Calls"


"She Calls"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

My phone keeps vibrating on the table where I left it
And I knew who it would be
I dreaded it this whole time but it is catching up to me
This call that will determine me

The words in my heart disappear as I see your name
staring at me from the screen with that smile
Yet I know that that smile is no longer there
and the voice that greets me proves that it will always be so

Lets talk it over , lets set things straight
when I know that there is nothing more
The time for talking is over
and the twisted fate that we have keeps diverging

I hear the tears or imagine them as they fall
It could be just me thinking about them
because your voice seems devoid of all

So I promise to come to you
but tonight will not be that time
Nor will it be any other time.

You say  thank you
and I bite down all my pain
You make thank you the painful words I know.

I know you can't stay
and I know that I don't want you to
but you linger more than you should.

And when we put down the phone
And I know that I will never get another call
I wonder what it was all for.

UHG QC , March 3 2018 , 5:04am

No comments:

Post a Comment