Friday, March 23, 2018

"Bag of Crisps , Salted Egg Potato Chips: A mixed bag"



"Bag of Crisps , Salted Egg Potato Chips: A mixed bag"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD 

I have always loved going to the Sunday Market in Eton Centris because I come across stuff that I don't normally see every day. I came across this snack on our way home after breakfast and decided to see what it was about. 

My wife Hanie and Daughter Aven joined in my test tasting and I must agree with what they both said. The potato chips were crisp and delicious but then again you would expect that. For lack of a better comparison we used Tamago Chips as our gold standard because that brand of Salted Egg Potato chips still rules our tastes buds.

Bag of Crisps employs powdered flavoring that seemed unevenly distributed and thus makes you feel that you are eating different chips. Sometimes you experience that full extent of the powder and sometimes you mainly taste something too salty or too buttery. While those last two tastes are not bad it is also not something that you want to experience while eating an expensive bag of Salted Egg Potato Chips. 

In contrast Tamago Chips employs oily Salted Egg that covers each chip ensuring the same experience of taste from the first bite to the last. 

It seems that lately my wife has been right , every time I start testing some new chip it always falls short. Then again I won't give up tasting new things. Even if sometimes my taste buds seems to want to give up on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment