Friday, March 23, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #9 :Cranking Up Krenko"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #9 :Cranking Up Krenko"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have always loved playing with Goblins and my first decks in MTG was all about them. While the standard 60 deck proved that they were strong as a tribe I was a bit hesitant to play a Mono Red EDH deck featuring them at first but then again I played against my friend Mark Abude and he showed me that with a cranked up Krenko it was possible to win with them.

It has been months since I played my Krenko deck so I pulled it out for tonights game against Jus and his Kumena led Simic Merfolk EDH deck.

It was a massacre when Krenko comes out with Haste and stat boosters like Goblin King or Goblin Warchief. At one point there were too many tokens of 2 power each that Jus had to concede and move on to the next game.

It felt great being able to churn out Goblin tokens by the dozens. It felt even greater attacking with those very same tokens. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment