Thursday, March 22, 2018

"3 Things I have seen this week: PSA Kalookan Office Edition"


"3 Things I have seen this week: PSA Kalookan Office Edition"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

While it is no surprise that you will see long lines in government offices while you are securing paper work I cannot help but notice the misery that most of my countrymen face when they need their birth or marriage certificates. While you can now order these said papers online or over the phone those who cannot afford it would still need to line up early or suffer through the long lines that is the Philippine Statistic Authority. Here are 3 things that I have seen while I was in that long long line.

1) A frail and shaking Old woman was brought in the line so that her children could take advantage of the priority lane for Senior Citizens.

I really hope that they really needed those papers as I would never put my own mother out like that considering the old woman's state. It was heart breaking to see that these children will still bring her out like that.

2) A child with Cerebral Palsy being helped by a guard down the stairs of the steep PSA building.

I am thankful that the PSA will be moving to the new City hall by the end of the month. From what I saw that place is more spacious and less hazardous to those who want to get their papers. 

3) Frazzled guards overwhelmed by questions that they should not be answering.

Imagine being asked the same question day in and day out for 6 days a week for the whole year.And you could just imagine the annoyance that the guards at the PSA Kalookan branch have to go through in each of their shifts.

This despite the numerous instructions posted all over the place. This despite their patient answers to all of those inane questions that they should not even be answering.

All through out the day you see this swarming mass of humanity inching closer to windows and waiting in line for their turn. Like a never ending snake. Well , at least until 4pm where the last of those in line will be admitted and processed. And after this? Another day. The same old thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment