Thursday, March 22, 2018

"Heize - Didn't know me MV reaction: Letting Go is Caring."


"Heize - Didn't know me MV reaction: Letting Go is Caring."
by:
The Vole

You know that when an MV opens to an extreme close up of a guy who looks like he has not slept in days then you are about to enter a world of hurt.

According to my friend Cheska who speaks Korean the song literally is titled I am the worst. And the chorus of the song repeats this again and again. This is sung from the point of view of the girl saying these things to the guy who left her.

The MV shows the couple living together and at the beginning struggles together as actors until one day the girl gets a break and gets more recognition when she gets signed up for a TV series. And success literally pulls the happy couple apart as the girl needs to spend more and more time away from the guy.

The constant missed times together and the missed phone calls pile up until the guy finally says that he has had enough and realizes that he no longer has any space in his girls now expanding world.

The MV follows the guy as he continues to struggle as an actor , facing things alone and missing the girl. All the while seeing her success in TV interviews. And missing her in the places that they used to go.He is often in a daze as he struggles to cope with his decision to let her go for the sake of her future as he believes that he will be something that holds her back.


The scene that really got me here is when he passes by posters of the girls new series called Spring 88 in the train station. And he fixes a poster that has fallen half way , gives it one last look and walks away.

We see through the MV how the guy had suffered and the song talks about this suffering from the girls point of view. She realized that it was hard for him to let her go as well. And if she has suffered because he left her , he has suffered more by not understanding that pain. 

With a final plea she asks,

You said it was for my future
Now I understand
Times without you felt like hell
But I endured through them
So can’t you say I did a good job
Can’t you hug me?
And come back to me?

The creepy smile that you will see at the end of the MV is a sign that despite the loneliness the guy is happy at her success and does not resent her for it. Mainly he is lonely that she is no longer with him but he knew that he made the right decision.

Here are the translated lyrics in case you want to listen to this awesome song from Heize.

I missed you but I hated you too
In the end, I cried even in front of my mom
Making her be in pain too
That’s being a bad daughter
Why did you come into my life
That was once good and make it bad?
I wanted to ask you
I wanted to hear your answer
But I finally realized
How you had to secretly hurt
Because of my resentful texts

I’m worse, I’m worse
I’m worse than you
Now I finally know
How you were hurt even more
I knew that about you
But just because you left me
I hurt you more

I thought I only gave you love and laughter
I don’t want this kind of pain
So why did you give it to me and leave?
I told myself every day, you’re a bad guy
When I asked you if you were gonna be ok without me
You shed a tear and I wanted to ask why
I wanted to say you didn’t look like you wanted to leave
I asked you to hold me
Throwing a fit and crying
I wonder how you felt when you looked at me acting like that

I’m worse, I’m worse
I’m worse than you
Now I finally know
How you were hurt even more
I knew that about you
But just because you left me
I hurt you more

You said it was for my future
Now I understand
Times without you felt like hell
But I endured through them
So can’t you say I did a good job
Can’t you hug me?
And come back to me?

I’m worse, I’m worse
I’m worse than you
Now I finally know
How you were hurt even more
I knew that about you
But just because you left me
I hurt you more

No comments:

Post a Comment