Friday, March 23, 2018

"3 Pack Experiment:Masters25 edition"


"3 Pack Experiment:Masters25 edition"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I don't know what it is about this set that made me nervous. I think it might have something to do about the jokes I was saying about opening a Savannah Lions or a Charmbreaker Devils or a Tree of Redemption. I was hoping that as I chose my 3 packs for this one I won't be getting any of these creatures and hoped that I would get any of those nifty lands or even Azusa at least.

I tried not to look at the spoilers all that much as it would discourage me from buying further. There are a lot of great reprints but I might be getting some things that I cannot even use or at least justify myself with the hefty price of these 3 packs.

So I opened and I saw.

Pack #1 

My first pack had the Balduvian Horde as it's first card. And I instantly wondered what I was getting myself into. Disenchant , Unearth  and Arcane Denial made me smile a bit. Sai of Shinobi may have a place in my SkullBriar EDH deck.  I had the new art for Living Death and a foil Rancor! Not bad for an opening.

Pack #2

I was silently hoping not to get a Tree.  And when I saw the Diabolic Edict I was liking this pack.The uncommons yielded a Simian Spirit Guide! Something I can put in my Radha EDH deck. And my Rare was the Jund Dragon Prossh. Always wanted one. Always wanted a Jund Commander. So it will be a toss up between Kresh and Prossh.

Pack #3

No Trees or Cats so far but no planeswalkers or Lands either so I was hoping that my last pack would be the winner. 
The commons were nothing I could use but I was a bit Happy with Stang. He represents two 3/4 creatures for 6 mana! A Zulaport Cutthroat is great too. When I slowly slid the last card before the rare I saw Blue and had no idea what it be.

It was a Pact of Negation. So you could say that this pack was a pack of Negation. All in all I feel like I still came out on top with regards to the cards I can use to update my EDH decks. Especially this last one who will go to my Locust God EDH. Maybe this would be the difference when I enter a countering contest with my play group mates.

So what was your best pull out of Masters 25? 

No comments:

Post a Comment