Monday, February 12, 2018

"3 things I have seen this week:Papers , Lots and lots of papers"


"3 things I have seen this week:Papers , Lots and lots of papers"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

There is a process to everything and almost everything needs papers. You are in love? want to get married? there are papers you need to sign and file. You are dead? well those you leave behind have papers they need to file on your behalf as well.From birth to death there are papers and this week I saw more than 3 of them but then again handling the affairs of my dead dad is more than a handful.

1) Application forms 

There are tons of things to sign and tons of things to check and signatures matter as well as who is signing for what. With my almost chicken scratch writing it is fortunate for the companies involved that I have a wife who writes so divinely. 

2) NSO/PSA copies of documents

One of the things that we need to order and wait for patiently were these documents that seem to be in high demand in whatever office that we go to. It is a great thing that my wife is as organized as my dad was when he was alive. Scratch that. My wife is triple times the organization freak as my dad.

3) Photocopies

Riso , Ink and Colored photocopies. We then had to have copies of all these papers. My mom used to say that you will be thankful to have someone who can arrange all of these for you. My wife is wonderful in this regard as she has 10 copies of everything and organized in a manner that is easily accessible. Clear file is life I said to her one time. She managed to laugh at that but I was dead serious.

With the amount of paper that we have I think we have managed to somehow used up an acre of trees. And things are far from finished by the end of all these process we might be under the watchful eye of some government agency in charge of the environment and I dont mean the DENR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment