Monday, December 18, 2017

"3 things I have seen this week: Bonuses"


"3 things I have seen this week: Bonuses"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

And so it is the end of the year once again and along with the last throes of the year that was 2017 is the time where most companies will give a royalty or bonus or 13th month pay to their loyal employees. I find myself blessed to be employed by 5 different companies that helps me maintain the lifestyle that my family and I want. We get to see each other more because of the flexibility of my schedules.

So this is the week where the bonuses come out and for my last post of 3 things for the year 2017 here are my thoughts.

Bonus #1 - Maintained

I work at a clinic that conducts Pre-employment Physical examinations. I am happy that even though I only come in every Saturday my bonus has remained what it was over all these years. Thanks in part to the continued prosperity of this hardworking company and their staff.I am happy that I get half the bonus of my friend who works at the same company.

Bonus #2 - Lessened

In another clinic due to dwindling numbers of patients and the lean months of this year my bonus was cut in half. My friend also had his cut so it was a decision across the board on this one.

Bonus #3 - Waiting

One of the hardest parts in life is in waiting. Especially if the thing you are waiting for has no guaranteed outcome. It will either be there when I check my account online or it would not be. And so a day after payday I am still waiting for this delayed bonus. May it come early. May it come soon.


3 bonuses. All different places. All different amounts and circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment