Monday, December 18, 2017

"3 pack experiment: Unstable Edition"


"3 pack experiment: Unstable Edition"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have been itching to get my hands on Unstable packs since my friends told me that it had already arrived. My heart sank when they said that almost all of our usual shops no longer had it in stock. Like usual I drove to Spiral Valenzuela in my hopes that they still had some. I was looking to buy 3 in any case just for this blog post.

And I was in like when I saw the Unstable sign and Luigi Ong was there to encourage me by saying that all of the packs that were opened had one full art land and a foil token. I really wanted those lands or at least a copy of each so I bought 3.

I had to drive to my first clinical duty at Shaw and I had the 3 packs inside my hoodie jacket. The excitement was building up inside me although I didn't really have expectations of what I want. A foil land would be nice but the normal lands would still be worth it. Maybe Urza ,Academy Head master? The first Un-set Planeswalker. Really worth getting my hands on.

So my first pack yielded Inciting Incite and a Full art forest! One that would go to my Omnath EDH deck! Yeah. This was getting exciting. And I had to rip through my 2nd pack now.

My 2nd pack had Grusilda , Monster Masher in it. Just the kind of commander that you would need in a Rakdos deck that featured a lot of enchantments and equipments. And a full Art Island! Yeah. Now all I need is a mountain so I can put it in my Locust God EDH deck hhahahha

My 3rd pack was a surprise as I saw the familiar planeswalker Loyalty symbol at the bottom right of my card. It was Urza , Academy headmaster! A mythic rare! And as icing on the cake I also got a Full Art Mountain! The last card I wanted!



I wanted to see if I could actually use these packs as material for my pack wars but due to the contraption specific cards I don't think that these would result in exciting battles and you can actually end up with piles that are absolutely full of nothing but unusable cards.

Now making a Contraption EDH deck is looking more and more clearer with the commons and uncommons of the set. I hope that I could buy a lot of piso piso commons and uncommons in the coming days so I could make a new EDH deck of contraptions. 

All in all I would say that this one of those very luck pack openings in awhile. Looking forward to carrying this luck into 2018. Thanks for reading and there will be more to come next year. Keep on brewing. Keep on playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment