Monday, December 18, 2017

"Midweek Magic December 2017 #51:Spreading the Flames of Pack Wars." by:


"Midweek Magic December 2017 #51:Spreading the Flames of Pack Wars."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

After learning about Pack Wars I was determined to spread it among my playgroupmates in DXC/HP Eton. So far out I have managed to teach 3 out of 6. Janry , Pao and Cheska.

Janry and I started with 2 Ixalan packs which quickly into chuckles and a lot of dino goring. Janry was my first pack war student and then we got into some standard action. Where his Izzet energy deck proved to be more powerful than my Jund Energy deck version. 

Pao who surprised me by actually finally showing up on a Tuesday chose an Iconic Masters pack from the current 6 packs that I keep to for teaching purposes.I remembered hating this pack because it confirmed an in joke among my play group and now I hated it even more because the first thing Pao played was the dreaded Hypersonic Dragon!

I always wonder why when I teach magic tom someone I readily get beaten , it happened with my own brother Aj and now to Pao who was now applying himself to the game and beat me with the horde of flyers that was in the iconic pack he chose.


When Cheska gave us a visit , Pao surprised me by requesting to play pack wars again. It was another chance to teach and so I pitted Cheska and Pao against each other. It occurred to me that they were really serious in their deck building and they were showing a great deal of how good they were once the battles were underway.

I felt a certain pride as I watched them battle. Maybe the same feeling as my friend ST when he watched Lippy and Me duke it out. I look forward to teaching Jus , Yo and Ram very soon as well. 

Yo's turn came the following week and by the way Pao and him played he also liked the game! Looking forward to 2018 where we can play with fresh packs from Rivals of Ixalan.


No comments:

Post a Comment